Having internet problems?
(1. Only Skype working and nothing else? Please change DNS settings to manual settings.)
2. Is the internet dropping when you talk on the phone? Replace or add another filter.
3. Intermittent connection? Do not conenct with both WiFi and LAN cable. Only one can be used at a time.
4. Check if another device can surf the web (e.g cellphone or laptop or PC)
5. Check that you can make outgoing calls on your landline phone(/fax) line.
6. Is there noise on the line while you make or receive calls?
Click here if you have a faulty line.
7. Unplug the modem for 5 or 30 seconds every 4 minutes. (Unplug power/switch off, then switch on again)
8. Watch the ADSL light (/Knot): it must be solid green (not flashing)
if it is flashing make sure the phone line is plugged well into the modem.
9. Test a local website e.g. www.karl.co.za
10. Test an international website e.g. www.facebook.com
11. Are you maybe capped? have you used up your bytes?
- Check your usage on your cellphone: www.k-connect.co.za/username
- Topup your account
12. Restart your laptop/PC
13. Please keep the modem out of the sun and keep it standing sideways so it can keep cool.
14. There may not be any ADSL filter between the phone line and the modem.
15. There must be an ADSL filter on all phones and fax modems.
16. If both ADSL and internet lights are both off and the phone line still works, then the problem is in your area, check with your neighbour.
17. It could also be your modem's power supply that is not giving enough power.
18. Did the WiFi range become less? Your modem is faulty.
P.S. for new NETGEAR routers: if the i/planet light is red, then there may be a problem in your area, check with your neighbour.
If Skype does not want to sign in, please quit Skype and restart the Skype program.
Internet and emails too slow ?
20. Please switch off the modem for 30 seconds. (Unplug power/switch off)
21. Remove any heat source such as direct sunlight or a heater.
22. After it cooled down, switch it on again (/replug)
23. Wait for 25 seconds for the modem to reconnect.
24. Test a local website e.g. www.karl.co.za
25. Test an international website e.g. www.facebook.com
26. Note down any email error messages.
27. Check if the ADSL light is solid or flashing.
NEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions of internet services
Please click here to view:
to: Home Page
Internet & Emails Self-help
(Seeing a black screen or
stuck mouse? Please hold down power button for 5 seconds to
If you cannot send or receive emails, please first
check if you can browse through this website: www.cnn.com
you can browse through the website please
click here for email issues.
If you still get the same issues,
Having internet problems?
1. Check if another
device can surf the web (e.g WiFi-cellphone or laptop or PC)
Check if you can browse a local website e.g. www.careers.co.za
3. Check if you can browse an international website (e.g.
4. Check that you can make outgoing calls on your ADSL line
(possibly your landline phone or fax line.)
5. Check that wiring
is correct (See Figure1)
6. Unplug the modem for 3 or 30 seconds
every 3 minutes. (Unplug power/switch off, then switch on again)
Watch the ADSL light (/Knot): it must be solid green (not
8. Restart your laptop/PC.
9. Please keep the modem
out of the sun and keep it standing sideways so it can keep cool.
If ADSL light is flashing: It could be that the phone line came loose
from the modem. Please push the grey telephone cable back into the
router or wiggle on it.
11. The may not
be any ADSL filter between the phone line and the modem.
must be an
ADSL filter on all phones and fax modems.
13. Contact Karl to "top
up" if you have run out of Megs/Gigs.
P.S. for new NETGEAR
routers: if the i light is red, then there may be a problem in your
If Skype does not want to sign in, please quit Skype and
restart the Skype program.
How to restart your
Unplug the power adapter here(red arrow).
On the Billion router both ADSL AND PPP lights must be solid.
If not, please push in the phone line.
Internet Cancellation and Suspension
Please give 1 calendarmonth notice when
cancelling a service (dialup/ADSL). For example, should you cancel
your service on the 1 July or the 15 July or on the 31 July, you will
be required to pay for both July and August months. Please confirm
whether Karl has received the cancellation order.
comments and ideas please contact Karl.
to: Home Page